Babushka background

Thursday, May 5, 2011

When choices are made

http://www.renewamerica.com/analysis/jon/110505


The link above goes to an article that pretty much sums up my feelings over the whole Osama Bin Laden thing. 


I'm also reminded of the end of the Book of Esther. 
"Then Queen Esther answered, "If I have found favor in your sight, O king, and if it please the king, let my life be granted me for my wish, and my people for my request. 4 For we have been sold, I and my people, to be destroyed, to be killed, and to be annihilated. If we had been sold merely as slaves, men and women, I would have been silent, for our affliction is not to be compared with the loss to the king." 5Then King Ahaserus said to Queen Esther, "Who is he, and where is he, who has dared to do this?" 6And Esther said, "A foe and enemy! This wicked Haman!" Then Haman was terrified before the king and the queen." (7:3-6)


This is not a celebration of death, but a celebration of relief from one of our persecutors. 
1 John 2:21-23 and 2 Thessalonians 1:5-8


"Evil men do not understand justice, but those who seek the LORD understand it completely." Proverbs 28:5

No comments:

Post a Comment