Babushka background

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Homosexuality is a sin. Period.

"Liberalism embraces the sin that Christ died for, calls on people to accept it, and throws away the need to repent of it. Nothing could be further from the truth of what Jesus taught and died for." -Todd McGeorge


Romans 6:12: "Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires."




There are various places in the Bible where homosexuality is condemned: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Romans 1: 26-28.  Now, there is no doubt that these people are loved by God, and that Jesus died on the cross for them. However, the acceptance of homosexuality is foolish. It is wrong, and like the quote above states, "embraces the sin Christ died for".  I happened upon this video through the blog "Blue Collar Philosophy". I watched it and my heart sank. These people have been deceived into thinking that homosexuality is okay: they have given themselves over to their passions: "For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths." (2 Timothy 4: 3-4) 


This video is an example of just that, and when I watch it, I don't see the 'hope' they are claiming: I see sin. I see destruction and perversion of the Gospel. The other night, one of my fellow RAs said, "You don't support that [homosexuality] do you?" The politically correct and socially acceptable answer came to my mind first: to each his own. However, I knew that answer was the wrong one. I answered him truthfully and said "No, I believe it is wrong." It is high past the time to stand on the truth. True, speaking out against homosexuality will probably gain me many enemies, but how can I stay silent when sin is being paraded as a God-given personality trait? 
Homosexuality is a sin, just like the sins of pride and envy I struggle against everyday. Keep praying, for the enemy is a roaring lion, and a great deceiver, who sometimes shows up in aesthetically appealing media put forth by an Ivy-league school.


The good news in all of this? "Greater is He that is in Me than he that is in the world."  (1 John 4:4)
Jesus said, "Take heart! For I have overcome the world!" (John 16:33)  To those that say they can't change, I say no, you can't. But Christ can transform you, just like he did for Christopher Yuan. This video truly speaks of the hope and love of Christ. The Lord has plans for each one of our futures, and He loves us so much He sent His only Son to die for our sins, whether they are homosexuality, lust, or pride. He called us out of darkness, why should we continue to sit in it?

No comments:

Post a Comment