Babushka background

Friday, August 27, 2010

Collected my belongings and I left the jail.

It's been a LONG time since I've been able to say I've had a good time, but last night I had a good time. I was able to fellowship with some old friends and make some new ones. It was really nice. Of course, the minute I got back home, to my quiet, dark room, that familiar lonliness enveloped me. I have a feeling that I am going to be combatting these weighty feelings for a long time, especially because I live in such close proximity to the source of them. However, I read something recently that convicted me. A friend of mine wrote on her own blog about the problem of navel-gazing. This is a problem akin to pity-parties: the focus is solely on self. Introspection is wonderful, and even neccessary, but not all the time. By burying your head in the sand and thinking, "I need to focus on me, and my problems." You completely miss the bigger picture. Not to mention, your problems can't be solved when your head is stuck in the ground! My focus should be on Jesus, because He is a Savior who loves to heal the broken. So, I'm taking my head out of the sand.
I'll keep you posted on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment