Babushka background

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hey you, wanna buy a watch?

Hello, my name is Kaleigh and I have trust issues. It's funny, but until recently (i.e. this afternoon in a parking garage) I thought of myself as very trusting individual, always willing to give people the benefit of the doubt. That is, everyone except God. He formed me in my mother's womb, knows the number of hairs on my head, and records my tears on a scroll...but I treat Him like some shady person in a trench coat. "What is He hiding? He could be fixin to offer me some blessings, but more than likely He's going to mug me for my happiness and leave me with some trials. I better not make eye contact." I feel ridiculous just typing that, but I'm ashamed to say it's true.  You see, I've had this notion that it's easy to trust in the Lord. "The Lord works for the good of those who love Him..." (Romans 8:28) That's a pretty solid promise! However, in my impatience I think, "I love God. I'm doing what I'm supposed to. Where is all this good stuff?" Oh dear. I'm definitely going to work on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment